Today's Rant....

Boots.

I have wide calfs. Superwide. You wouldn't know it to look at me, cuz overall I'm not that big (though still bigger than I used to be), but I've got big legs. I come from a big-leg family. Matter of fact, clothes-whore that Grandma was, I don't even think SHE had knee-high boots. She had big legs, too. They ain't jiggly, neither. I walk a lot, always have, and I walk pretty fast. So mostly my calfs are muscular.

Any boot that's worth having are made for chicks with toothpick legs. Why is that? Those sexy stilletto boots? Can't get them past my upper ankle, even if they claim to stretch. Zip boots. HA HA! Even on "wide calf" boots from Eddie Bauer, or the ONE pair of knee-high boots I own, my "stretch" platform boots from Sketcher, it takes me at least 15 minutes of sweating and flexing to force my legs in them. And once they're in... there they must stay until end-of-day, or I'll never get them back on again.

So I go searching for "superwide" boots and come up with sinfully ugly, "pleather" boots where the heels are set back on the boot. I hate that. Or "kitten" heels that are 1" high and set right under the heel. Blech!

I want these, dammit!
and I want them in cream or snakeskin. And I'll never have them. Even if I lost weight I wouldn't fit them... when I was young and Pre-Sun and weighed 124 lbs, I STILL couldn't get my legs in those boots....

And I've found some place in the UK that makes wide leg, sexy boots. And they cost a life's fortune.

Comments

SewPaula said…
Hey, BearMaiden! You need to check out the Manolo for the Big Girl blog (not that you're a big girl, obviously, but they have a great blog) -- they had an article about boots yesterday that you might like.
Ros said…
OMG, I want those cream colored ones! But I know what you mean. I can wear them now that I'm skinny, but back in the day when I was dancing & running, I had too much muscle to fit in most boots.
The Bear Maiden said…
well... I bought the mid-calf ones. Not at all the same, but such is life.
Bonnie said…
I LIKE the kitten heels, at least in the long boots. My big quest right now is a really cool pair of ankle boots though. I want them flat, and pointy. I saw some awesome ones on a Brit shoe site, but nothing like them here in the U.S.
The Bear Maiden said…
Bonnie, try PiperLime... I saw some you might like.

Popular Posts