Sometimes I Wonder...

Do you think these things are scientific? Does someone really know what the hell they're talking about? Cuz I think this is true of me:
Your Brain's Pattern

Your mind is a firestorm - full of intensity and drama.
Your thoughts may seem scattered to you most of the time...
But they often seem strong and passionate to those around you.
You are a natural influencer. The thoughts you share are very powerful and persuading.


The thing is, I saw this little test on the Professor's Blog and so when I went to go take the "test" I thought... "OK, this is going to be a peek into my psyche. Choose carefully." And though I wanted to choose the purple one cuz I love purple... this pattern appealed to me more than the color. Ha ha!

The Sun is hanging out with the Fat Lady today, and with Lilac Blue. I guess it's the fist time we've actually even seen each other since school let out, but we talk frequently enough, and read each other's blogs so it was odd; it didn't feel like any time had passed.

And apparently, I don't have much to do since I've been playing around with the look here.

This evening we go visit the Law Guardian.

Tomorrow is the Big Day.

Maybe I'll be sane again by Friday...
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Deep thought of the day: I went at lunchtime to pick up the shoes I'd left in the repair shop yesterday. In addition to the gentleman reading a Bible printed in Korean, there was an old man of African descent working there today. A cobbler. It suddenly dawned on me I haven't seen a cobbler (no, not the peach kind) in years. He was like a relic out of the past; a paisley, polish-stained apron, gold wire-rimmed glasses, grey crinkly hair. He held some sort of curved tool in his left hand; he wore a wedding ring. I watched as he shaved off the overhanging edge of a new heel he'd just put on a man's shoe. Leaning over his work his hands moved quickly and I thought wow... who knew people still did this?

We live in such a disposable society... who goes to the shoemaker anymore? Why do you need to, when your cheaply made Payless shoes will fall apart just in time for the fashion to change? Will cobblers become a trade of the past, like offset printers or paste-up and mechanical guys? Will our grown children even know who they are?

So now I have to think of other vanishing trades...

Comments

Popular Posts