Friday, July 22, 1977

Wonder Day, Psalm 53
Got up medium. Showered, dressed. Cleaned up our room a little bit. T and I went on the roof with Greta. Came down. I walked Guerly. T. walked baby. Pops looked Baby over, he's improved a bit. Stomach has gone down. Then Neal came - late 10:30. Heard "Strange Homecoming." Rested, played Scrabble. Had a snack. Then Papa cooked. Ate. Heard "Dulci". Put on pj's, went to bed. Thank you, Mr. O, thank you.

I ate:
  • Breakfast: 1 twist, 1/4 orange, 1/2 banana
  • Dinner: Pumpkin+sardine+choc-cho+green banana+green pepper+egg soup, tomato+green pepper+red herring chutney, red herring hush puppies, mango+banana
The days certainly ran into each other, didn't they? But back then I don't particularly remember ever being bored. There was always something to do; some game we I could make up and force my sister to play.

Another thing that's coming to mind is the food thing... sometimes I would list *every* ingredient, even if it didn't show up in the taste. I wouldn't do that for salt, pepper or seasonings, though. But sometimes cornmeal might be added as a thickener to something (for example) and if I knew it was in there or had seen my mom put in there, I'd write it down.

Strange child.

I still can't really remember who Neal was...

Comments

Popular Posts