Let Them Eat Cake!

Ugh. I don't even know where to begin. The Big Kahuna seems to have made her 3 months probationary period, and it appears that the machine is beginning to move forward. You know, the head-chopping machine. Yesterday when I called in, I learned that the Press Secretary's head was the first to go. In today's StaffBash all that was said was "Yesterday was L's last day". Codespeak for "I fired that bitch, and she's only the first". My boss feels he's next.

Except that none of the crabs in the barrel are happy. They're all feeling the stress, but I guess most of them have learned to roll with stuff like this. Me... it makes me want to cut and run, because I know it rarely gets better.

It just makes me ill. The whole thing makes me ill. At my interview yesterday at the Other Large Private Hospital, one person seemed happy with me, the other person was a hard read. I have so many concerns about taking a job though... travel time, flex time, free time. I don't know what to do, and it makes me sleepy.

I got my prescription card in the mail yesterday, ironically enough. So my asthma meds only cost me $30, whereas without any insurance it's $200. A month (if I took it according to directions, which I don't).

Comments

Popular Posts