Tuesday, October 11, 1977

Psalm 134

Got up medium. Dressed. Went out to the Bronx. The desk clerk down stairs called me "young man". We walked all over the Bronx, Bronxwood, etc. Also we took a long ride on the subway to get there. Came back, ate . Rested. Got up. Watched the goob tube. Went to bed. Thank you, Mr. O. Today we looked in the A.K. shop, and saw some cute pups!

I wonder if that was my first ride on the subway... probably not.

People took Aunt Sinah for a man frequently, because she was tall and the radiation treatment for her throat cancer had made her hair fall out, so she kept it short. So the fact that the desk clerk called me young man had a particular irony. Though I did possess a large floppy 'fro, at the time...

This picture was at the zoo, but I don't remember if it was the Bronx--actually though, I think it was. Note the caged zebras...

Comments

Popular Posts