Sometimes You Get What You Ask For

I started this post Monday....

"This Place Truly Sucks

and I'm starting to dread coming here. The mood is just well, weird. My Boss is very bitter, as well he should be. But I spent so much time in my life being bitter about various things, and I fought so hard to rid myself of those things that I just can't be here like this.

But lord knows I hate jobsearching. I suck at interviewing. My philosophy is... you see my credentials. You see what I can do. I can learn anything I'm interested in and put my mind too. Either you like me or you don't. And if you don't like me, does it outweigh the fact that I can do what you ask me to do? Either hire me, or don't... but don't have me fill out paperwork, and meet with HR who doesn't know anything about design, or ask me dumb questions.

Argh. But I'm going to have to suck it up real soon cuz this isn't fun anymore....

I need to catch up on 1977, since I was writing a lot this week. Although I was fairly obsessed with my first period, which is pretty understandable. Too funny that the older we get the less we want to think about it...

BigBear's reception was Saturday, and it was a roaring success. Her work was beautiful, and well received. We were all quite proud. And Poppy graciously played "Mr. Bigbear". I'll post pictures later."

...and then yesterday I was canned. So you see, be careful what you wish for.

Overall, I'm OK with it. And I get paid thru the end of November. The truly worst part about this for me is the fact that I'm facing all this shit alone. Again. I'm tired of being alone.

And I'll start writing again soon cuz I need to but a.) I'm sitting in the Fat Lady's house because noone can get to me here but it's a little weird to write something and know she can read it immediately and b.) the lambs are screaming really loudly right now and I'm trying not to listen...

Comments

Laurie said…
I don't know if I should say I'm sorry about the job, or do the Snoopy Dance? I guess you have more time to do the work you actually like, and spend time at the Sun's school. . . . .
The Bear Maiden said…
A little bit of both, I guess....
Janet said…
Wow. Sorry you got canned...maybe it's a mixed blessing? I never know about those things, but I know from experience it's different if you are the one who severs the tie rather than having it done for you, even if you are miserable.

So, what now? Any ideas?

BTW, you aren't really alone...you have your support system there, and all your virtual friends :)

You're on my mind! Get some rest!
Regina said…
Wow -
Can't say I am that surprised -not because of anything YOU did - but just that they seemed to be self destructing anyway.

here is hoping you find the RIGHT thing for you ...
Ros said…
LMAO that you're hiding out with Fat Lady. Were you reading ThoPar posts together?

Big hugs for being fired, but I'm glad you're outta there. Don't you love how the universe loves to play with us?!
SewPaula said…
I'm sorry you were fired instead of leaving under your own terms, but am glad that you are out of there. That place was highly toxic.

Hugs to you and congrats to BigBear!
S.K. said…
Sistah Girl!!!

I would swear you work at the same place as me. I too, have a bitter boss (who lacks common sense btw). The whole jobsearch thing I feel. It more about whether or the interviewer if feeling you than anything else.

*pause* Just saw that you were "canned". But guess what that's a good thing. That God telling you to stop playing around and go for what you want.

So hit up craigslist and get your power suit ready.

It's your time!!! :O)
Bonnie said…
OK, I just sent you email asking how you got yourself unemployed, but now I see. Well, if I am lucky I may not be working for a couple of weeks myself as I switch jobs...

Popular Posts