Thursday, October 27, 1977

(All that was written the two previous days was: "Don't remember much".)

Psalm 150
Day 16

Got up medium. Dressed. Pops went out. We have a job delivering papers to the Annex (if we can ever do it.) Came up elevator. Worked on my birthday story for Pops. Then all three of us went to "Plenda". We ate sweeties and cookies. Came back. I typed. Then worked on my story. Pops came at 7:oopm. Put on pj's ate dinner. Watched CHiPS. Went to bed. Thank you, Mr. O.

Ah, the job delivering papers. It would have been fun and would have earned us some candy money, the Professor and I, but I remember being a little freaked at the thought of wandering the hotel alone, and I also wasn't sure my mom would actually let us. The job never panned out.

The Professor and I talked to everyone and I remember that I chatted up the newspaper stand guy in hopes of free candy. Sometimes that worked... sometimes it didn't.

I'm not sure what story I was working on. Somewhere, I'm sure I have them. Or Poppy does.

Remember CHiPs? I think that was my first real TV crush. I couldn't decide which one I liked more.

Comments

Job said…
hey

RE: Heroes... you say who is Daddy's little girl? I say who's the daddy? ;-P

And the voices you write of... what do they say? Mine do not let my mind rest and fill me with fear. Only prayer and reading the Bible help me. I've taken to reading the book of Psalms.... Gimli sometimes reads them out loud to me... Legolas rubs my feet and toes.... helps me relax a bit...
The Bear Maiden said…
Well, my voices aren't always nice to me, either. And sometimes they keep me awake. But my friend the Fat Lady and my sister the Professor says that sometimes we should just tell them to shut the fuck up, and they're right... sometimes we should. Sometimes that's hard... One day I'll write what they say... but I don't want to give them that much power over me :).

and yes, the Psalms help...
Job said…
yes... the professor and fat lady may be right as well... my spiritual-warfare-warrior-sister-in-the-Lord tells me to tell them to "leave in the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth and by the power of the Holy Spirit!" and that Believers have been given the "authority [in the name of Jesus Christ] to trample on snakes and scorpions and to overcome all the power of the enemy" Luke 10:19

sounds like a similar principle to me. ;-)

Popular Posts