Friday, October 28, 1977

Psalm 1
Day 17

Got up medium. Dressed. Walked pops to subway. Went to A&P. Mr. Berry gave us some Milky way and some Threemusketeers bars.

I ate:
  • 3 milky way bars, 2 musketeer bars, 1 sesame treat
I'm quite sure we're talking about the snack-sized bars, here.

Mr. Berry was a security guard at the A&P. Back then, they had security guards in the supermarket. Probably to guard against people like me, who were snatching as much candy as they could. I don't see too many security guards in the supermarkets anymore. I wonder why that is... you would think it would be the opposite. But life was rough in the Big Apple back then. Although to us, we had hit paydirt... were living in the Promised Land, the lap of luxury, candy heaven...

We were back to reading Psalm 1. There are 150 Psalms in the Bible, and we read one a day. The first "cycle" ended on or about May 30, the 150th day of the year. So the 28th of October is the 300th day of the year. After we got to Psalm 150, we'd start again at 1.

Although I wasn't writing about it, the parents were looking for an apartment, and Poppy would find one very shortly.

Comments

Popular Posts