Things That Are Bugging Me
In no particular order:
- This theory suggesting that the Clintons, realizing that the end is near, are "talking up" McCain, destroying Obama's credibility. So that at the next election, Billary will run again and can defeat McCain, thereby fulfilling her presidential destiny. Or that perhaps McCain will cross party lines and nominate her for VP. While I find the latter scenario unlikely, the former scenario really depresses me. Particularly since people are getting more and more polarized. It's actually causing me to think (and this will make OneHalf very happy) that I WON'T vote for McCain under any circumstances. In fact, I think I may never vote again. What's the point of democrazy?
- That folks actually still wholeheartedly believe in Billary. I mean BELIEVE. The way some folks can still BELIEVE in GW. Aren't people a little concerned at the dirty tactics? Yes, I'm all about Obama, but he's only a man afterall, and a politician to boot. I'm sure he's got his dirt and his "isms".
- The fact that I was asked to go on a date, the first date I've been asked on IN YEARS. And I turned it down. Why? Well, the official (and very true) reason is that I picked up a gig from the Hospital, and it's a big job with a short turn around time, and I really can't afford to lose the time... I need to relax today and be up and cracking tomorrow and Monday. But the unofficial reason... the Opportunity is a GREAT, enjoyable Opportunity. On Paper. In real life, it didn't jazz me... and in comparison to Nene it wasn't even close. So while I've decided Nene is a dead issue, whatever comes up has to beat that feeling. But it's freaking me out, and I'm really annoyed at myself.
- I'm REALLY tired. I guess it's that flu thing I'm fighting. Or maybe just years worth of no sleep. But I'm tired of being tired.
- The job I picked up. It's a high profile job (like it was the two previous years I did it) but this year its being handled in more high-profile manner. And I'm a little nervous at the pressure.
- I bought and used St. Ive's new line Elements Olive Cleanser, and I think it broke my face out. Really badly. The cleanser is the only thing I've changed.
- I've realized with some horror that I don't think my child has any health insurance. For some reason Medicaid never cut me off (even while I was working and was using my hospital-supplied insurance) but I think they cut him off. Which means I have to go downtown and figure it all out...
- I really might have to go deal with Food Stamps again. Don't know if I'd qualify... but we haven't done "real" food shopping in weeks. Buying little bits here and there, which end up being more expensive.
- This "Economy Stimulus" tax thing. The fact that the IRS/government are REALLY campaigning to get people to file for it. But they have to file taxes, first. And they are targeting people who don't normally file income tax; the underemployed, the Welfare recipient, the SSI/SSD recipient, students, people who haven't filed in several years. Because I've received FoodStamps in the past, I got a letter from ACS urging me to file my taxes so that I could get my rebate. The Diva reports that she was urged by the folks at this BabyCollege program she got involved in, to file. UstairsNeighbor's roommate Thumbelina, who is on SSD, was urged. There are signs EVERYWHERE urging you to file your taxes. I mentioned the other day, in my vent about having become the family tax preparer, that it feels like the IRS is really coming after the "little people", and something about this push to get people to file taxes is really bugging me. It's as if they need more people in the system to "track"... and once you're in the system, you're in the system... and suppose they start harassing people who haven't filed (legally) in years to begin filing for back years? Saying they owe taxes? They did it to Poppy once... he hadn't filed in years and the IRS started sending threatening letters that he hadn't filed, and that he owed. Called him, stalked him. So we went and filed for all the years he hadn't. And it turned out... they owed HIM. But suppose he had just paid what they said he owed???? See, there's this unpopular war going on... suppose they need tax money to finance it? And this is a good way to collect taxes? Call me paranoid... but it's really bugging me.