The Sun Without The Beast

I won't even go into how it happened... some of you out there know the story. It's not worth rehashing, and it's pretty painful.

Long story short, about four years ago in late spring, the BabyBeast was all cut off. Afterwards, I resigned myself to Life Without The Beast, but the Sun wouldn't hear of it. By July of that summer, he patently refused to go to the barbershop anymore. One day on our bi-weekly trip to visit Tony the barber, he screamed all the way up 5th Avenue to 128th street, and screamed so loudly that I finally relented. And nary a clipper has touched his head since. But this is what he looked like that summer....

It just ain't natural, I tell you...

Update, 8:30PM: I showed this post and picture to The Sun. "That's not me!" he said. "Yes, it is!" I said. "NO! That's some kid named Joseph! That's not me!"

'Fe true....

Comments

Julie said…
I just showed this picture to Sugar, and said, "Do you remember when the Sun looked like this?" She said, NO with such vehemence I was surprised. I pushed the issue - asking if she didn't remember that he got his hair cut in pre-k. She insisted that she didn't and that he never looked like that in her memory. Funny how they won't remember that time, isn't it?

Popular Posts