Random Thoughts On The Day's Events
... in no particular order of importance
- I like that David Patterson dude... he was polite, funny, gentle, empathetic, and NICE. Oh, and Black. Just kidding, Geraldine. But the thing is... had he run for office, would he have been elected? I betcha not. In political races it seems nice guys DO tend to finish last. Except when they're "Black." Then apparently, they just get to the finish line cuz they are a novelty act.
- The whole Spitzer thing... now granted, I laughed my ass off when the news first broke. I mean, really what a thing to get caught doing! Trafficking prostitutes across State lines! It brings up all kinds of questions... uh, why? Would this particular girl "do" certain things? Was this particular escort service um, known for a specialty? Or was he just a creature of habit? And why "Client 9". Out of how many? And do I really want to know? The thing is... you know, not really. Again, granted, what a thing to be busted for, but on the other hand... it's not like he was having an affair... or a bootie call or whatever under his desk in the office. It's not like he was plying a mistress with gifts and perks while his wife stayed home. Whatever he was doing (and ew, I don't want to know, really) he was doing on his own leisure time... AWAY from home (at least that particular time), supposedly so far with his own money, right? NOT THAT I CONDONE IT! He was the governor, for cryin' out loud. He should have some decorum, some common sense. But it strikes me as a tad unfair that he has quite possibly lost EVERYTHING... while SlutQueen's music career just got launched (local radio station found/downloaded her song/been playing it ALL DAY and she's going to be rich, beeatch).
- And what compels the news media to stalk her, find out her name and where she lives, and announce it to the whole wide world, thus costing the taxpayers to pay for police protection??? Cuz you know some crazy person is going to be sending her death threats or will stalk her.
- I've said it before, wrote about it, got responses, mulled over it, talked about it, mulled it over some more and I'll say it again: Men my age who are single are really full of shit. Really.
- Dammitohell, that Nene is really freakin' hot. Fresh haircut today *sigh*. They say it takes 21 days to break a habit. How many, Professor, to break an obsession? Cuz it's been about 28, give or take, and well... it's still there. I tried to kill it but it's still there. It doesn't help that men my age who are single are full of shit. It's gonna be a long next coupla days...
- I'm addicted to that corny-ass "Lipstick Jungle". Guess why?
- All of a sudden, I got to finish a job for my former employer, and I have prospects for other things. Nothing's "broken" yet... but it needs to cuz I have a BAD feeling that TF is unemployed. We finally got a text from him, telling me to tell the Sun he'd call him "soon". So it means he's not in jail, cuz then he wouldn't have his phone would he? But something BIG has happened to him. I hope it's that he knocked somebody up, maybe got married (eh, I'd bet on the former before the latter). It would be LONG overdue. I'd much rather it be something like that than that he lost his job. No, I'm not living off his child support (I wish I were) but it helps, dammit, and if he's unemployed then I won't be getting child support and I'm going to HAVE to work full time. In a hurry. Which sucks.
- The Sun got flag patches to put on his Gi. One of them is the Albanian flag. He wears the Red and the Black proudly. I've noticed, too, that lately he has a definite "thing" for red and black. His dad had gotten him a coat that's red, black and white when he was here, and the Sun loves it. I ordered sneakers for him today from Piperlime (cuz they'll take my Old Navy Card, they were on sale and they had free shipping) and I'd given him the choice between black with pretty blue stripes, or Red and Black with white stripes. Guess which ones he picked?
- Road Trip! The Sun has his first out-of-state tournament Saturday, in New Jersey, land of Beer and Bruce. We're riding with the Senseis tomorrow night, and staying over so that we don't have to make that drive first thing in the AM, before registration/participating. Several kids are going as well, though not all are participating. It's a really good group of kids... most of them seem to go to school together, but they are all very supportive of each other and will come to a tournament just to show support... even if they are not participating. They are mostly Mexican kids, being that the dojo is in South Yonkers, but there are some Ecuadorians, Nicaraguans, and one Dominican.
- Spanish is an interesting language. I'm trying to learn it, finally, after years and years and years of people talking to me in Spanish. Plus, of the last three projects I worked on this week, two had to be translated to Spanish. I download a podcast of 3 lessons, which was exciting until I realized they were speaking Castilian Spanish (which seems to usually end up being "teaching" Spanish)--but with a Scottish brogue. Turns out the podcast are from "Es-co-thi-a".
- Why is it that everybody thinks they can be a graphic designer? Although to be fair... I used to think that I was good on a computer, that I could make fliers and stuff, too. I saved a few; periodically I pull them out and look at the crap I did and sold to people thinking it was good. But I at least practiced, and went to school and worked DAMN HARD, and now I'd say I'm a pretty good designer. The stuff I've done in the last two days or so, I'm pretty proud of. And my clients are happy, too. Hey, remember that flier I did WAY back from my previous job, and my department killed it? Well my client called me up and specifically requested that I recreate my original design for them. So I did.... or something close to it, AND I'll get paid for it, too!
- The Sun's school was all spruced up the other day (hence the "restoom" sign, above) for their annual DOE inspection or "Quality Review." A bunch of us parents sat with the person sent to do the report, and basically raved about how much we loved the school, and it's principal. We do love the Principal... but she tends to have what I call "hotflash moments" where she can be unbearably controlling and well, psycho. We laughed when later, we thought about would happen if we'd told the inspector about the Principal's HotflashMoments.