Well, Technically

I missed a day of writing. Really, cuz I wasn't home.

But I'm'a pretend I didn't...

It was was nice to be in the city early in the day. Nice to be in the neighborhood of West 94th. There is such a different rhythm to the city. There is never really silence.

Out here, to hear "silence" is to hear the occasional car pass by, birds chirping, quiet. In the city, there is a low, dull roar. Cars, air conditioners, the movement of people all combine to create a padding between you and silence.

I had a nice time at LilacBlue's, talking to her and WhiteHorse. At the last minute, the Sun ended up going home with WhiteHorse and her boys, and I stayed behind. I wished I'd had someplace to go, a date... but in the end I stayed up all night and watched taped episodes of "Nurse Jackie". It's a great show. It makes me consider buying Showtime, which I can't afford...

In the morning I left, searching for coffee and vacuum cleaner bags. I ran right into the Scrub's kid and PracticalMama... the Sun's school principal. She got that name last year because of her relationship with the Scrub. She offered to make me coffee but I just didn't want to get sucked into that circle.

I went up to WhiteHorse's, and spent about two hours just sitting with her. The talk turned to things spiritual, since she'd gone to Seminary School. It occurred to me that had I known about such studies, it's a line of study I may have considered. The subject of God, and man's relationship with Him, and how religion affects us actually interests me, though I don't write about it much.

Afterwards, we went to visit Poppy. At home. He had climbed the 66 steps home to visit. It's big, this event... and I haven't processed it yet. I still haven't really processed the whole thing. Maybe I won't, can't, until he's home. Maybe it's just because the chapter hasn't closed...

I hung out on the Rock later, leaving the kid home with CNC's son. Some chick was acting nuts and attempted a drunken striptease/bar dance. Only she was really unattractive. Poor thing...

Comments

Popular Posts