Sunday, November 27, 1977

Psalm 31
Day 10

Got up medium. Dressed. Ate breakfast. It's 29F! There is ice on the windows. Went thru our Macy's bags. Went shopping. Came back. Ate lunch.


I ate:
  • Breakfast: 1 bowl oatmeal +honey, 1 1/2 coconut cookies, pnuts
The weekly summary said "A good week. We had a lot of food." And we did, actually.

So, we were pretty much adapted to life. And it didn't change much for the next two or three years.

I'll finish out the year, cuz there are still some "new" experiences I wrote about, like snow, and the fact that a few days there in December it was REALLY cold and we REALLY had no heat. I kept a diary the following year, too, but I'm not sure I'll post it. I think I might go back and post the beginning of the year 1977.

But the "adventure" of it all hardly stopped... in fact, it set the tone for many other adventures, like adopting the Diva, me getting married, then unmarried, me moving to New Jersey with the all-American Jersey Boy, etc. And even though none of those experiences were like this one, I guess what "became" me most was that nothing is ever "too strange" for me. Which is why I'm always finding myself in predicaments, I think. Where some people would look at a situation and go "It's risky--I won't do that" or "That's not logical--I won't do that" or "wow, that's weird. I won't go there" I always think to myself, "well, really how strange could it possibly be?" and I jump right in.

Which isn't always a good thing.

Comments

Popular Posts