Coming online again...

...slowly. Quite a few "false starts" and unexpected reboots. Uninstalling unnecessary "programs" and apps... updating or deleting drivers.... another system hang.... a dump...

Turn the thing off and turn it back on again, try again.

Amusing to me that I still remember the steps of troubleshooting a faulty machine but have NO desire to do so. I turn it over to BigMan when the machines act stupid. I've no patience. I read somewhere or talked to someone once who said the optimal time in our lives to understand computer programming is late teens to early twenties, and getting younger every day. Every major computing breakthrough in the last few decades has come from someone with barely any chest hair; Bill Gates, Mark Zuckerberg.

I had a whole career in my twenties centered around machines... machines I had taught myself to fix. Now the thought of that makes me want to run.

But anyhow...

In my startingover I'm trying to get back to writing. Writing everyday.

But since I'm not at my regular machine every day, maybe I'll do a photo every day. My cell phone takes ridiculously cool pictures. (Shout out to the dying art of photography... every fukker with a cellphone or worse, a digital slr and Photoshop now thinks they're a photographer. My cell phone pics got rave reviews on Facebook. Broke my heart. Guess I have to come up with something new...)

Comments

Lali said…
oh no!! i didnt mean to break your heart with that comment!! i meant to say-how incredibly awesome it is to see your vision :)
The Bear Maiden said…
LLLLAAAALLLII!!! No, it wasn't that... I was upset already when I put it up, lol. And we all have to adapt... if cell phone cams are the tool of the future then I must adapt it to show my vision. And actually, your immediate praise of it encouraged me to think about new ways to make cellcams another way to express myself :)

Need to see you soon...
onesillymama said…
It might be a cell phone cam, but behind it is you and your vision. Anyone can have Photoshop, but few have vision. :-)

Popular Posts