¡carajo!

There's just so much going on. And I'm not writing for lack of shit to say... just lack of time. My time being taken up with the Sun and his various musical activities, BigMan, the Fam, my own disorganization...

Overall, I'm happy. Fat and happy and my heel spurs hurt like hell. But I'm broker than I was the last time I complained. In fact, the landlord's son knocked on my door today, and I showed him my turn-off notice from Con Ed to prove to him that I wasn't dodging just him.

However, I'm going to Peru this summer; it's official. Now I just need to raise the $1,000 to get my kid there. I'm excited though... I'm going to photo-document the Speaking In Rhythms Percussion Ensemble's Syncopated Peru project. We're going to Chincha, Peru, where African rhythms have traveled their via slavery, and 11 kids who have been studying Peruvian rhythms with the Ensemble will visit and learn. And it just occurred to me to put a Paypal button on this blog to help raise funds... maybe I'll do that in a day or two.

Of course when I get back I'm quite sure I'll be homeless...

Either that or the lights will be off. Shit is serious.

I love my BigMan. He makes me bellylaugh. And he can walk into a room and "see" the same stories I see. Which is so amazingly cool. The other day I took him someplace and out of the blue he started telling stories about the people there... and he was right. I happened to know the back-stories and his perception just made me all gooey.

Cuz now I know for certain I'm not making stuff up. I mean I'd figured out that I could "see" things, but I wondered if I was the only one who saw it so clearly. He said people wear their stories all over their body, which is a funny way of putting it. And the thing is... I don't think most people would peg him as the type to see things like that... but I think it's what makes him a good photographer. And a great photo retoucher, cuz he hides the flaws that people hate about themselves.

Me... I don't hide the flaws. I think the flaws are what makes people fascinate me. I don't think "flaws" are anything to be ashamed of. But of course most people don't see it that way. And I guess too that's why he's a commercial photographer and I'm an artistic one...

but anyway.

That's my one deep thought for the day. I could sit and write about the multitude of stuff going on in my life and the things I've been "seeing" lately but then this post would get long, and would take me days to finish instead of the two it took me to finish this one... and the next time I sat to write I'd be afraid of the time it takes to distill everything... so I'll stop writing now and come back tomorrow...

Comments

Popular Posts