Intuition Is A Useful Thing

particularly when you pay attention to it.

It actually makes things easier to deal with. That, and being completely aware of what you're working with.

The TomCat is tomcattin... and will be for a few days. Fuck him. The entertaining thing is that he was just a little concerned about what I'll be doing while he's gone. I'll be fine, I said. I take care of myself, and when it involves tequila everything's fine. I told him the story about the woman who takes care of the dying snake--told him I knew what he was when I picked him up.

So... I went out with a crazy friend last night.. SouthAmerican Chick. She has about as many issues as I do--probably more, even--and she's 13 years my junior. She's cool though, and I like her and I hope that by the time she's my age maybe she'll work those issues out.

We started out by meeting one of her friends for dinner in a fancy vegan restaurant. A dude who's interested in her (and I liked him for her but she wasn't feeling it AT ALL) and then we went to Gonzalez y Gonzalez. Finally, I made it down there. The only disappointing thing was that I wanted very badly for the Professor to come, but TinyOne is in the hospital again with asthma, and MMB has some kind of a stomach bug.

The band at G&G was slamming... wow. The last number or two of the night the percussionists were flying. I danced (badly) with some barely-English-Speaking older dude named Reynaldo who was really nice and an "even" dancer. He did the same steps and combos over and over so by the time I was drunk enough to dance I actually could follow him. He must have made me look good cuz after I left some big dude named Smokey (who was a tattoo artist and had "mad tats, yo") came over and I danced barefoot with him.

I drunk-deleted phone numbers, texts, and messages.

So now, I'm gonna attempt karate (whooo! dunno though. Lotta tequila still sloshin' around in there), but my Peanutbutter is coming home!!!!!

Comments

Job said…
well, when you're right, you're right. What the BLEEP is TC's problem? Is he out w/ someone else? good grief.

Please post when the Sun is home or with you. Take a photo! Can't wait to *see* him.
professor said…
and see what the hair looks like...
Regina said…
Counting the minutes!!!
Job said…
Yes, Professor.... I'm waiting for the hair report too....
The Bear Maiden said…
Well, jacqueline to be fair I knew about the TomCat thing before Vegas... so I can't really beef about that. Just not happy about how I feel about it, cuz that was a little unexpected, but whatever....

The Sun is in the air even as we speak... but big rain just rolled into NYC so I'm hoping the flight won't be delayed.

Popular Posts